True Nirvana

Monday, March 28, 2005

Isn't Irony Great?

My favorite aspect of literature would have to be irony. Irony makes you think and it also causes you to chuckle to yourself. Literature has never been one of my favorite subjects in school, but it's definitely left a great impact on my life. I used to write quite a bit of poetry a few years back, but not much since. This has to be my favorite poem I've ever written, though it doesn't contain any insight to my life it does contain irony.

The Storm

Some ominous clouds begin to soar
And let out a thunderous roar
As lightning rips trees in half
Showing the storm's terrible wrath

It leaves chaos in its wake
While buildings begin to shake
With a hiss of the wind
Trees start to rend

But as the storm starts to subside
The clouds go to the eastward side
From this horror you'd think the earth would mourn
But instead a magnificent rainbow is born

3 Remarks:

Post a Comment

<< Home