True Nirvana

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Life's journey to God

Sitting at adoration I began to think about life and how it’s just one big journey. Eventually I came up with the conclusion that life is like a day’s trek through the scorching desert to paradise (Maybe I’ve been watching too many desert movies). Anyway the trek starts at 12:00 am symbolizing birth. The first 6 hours are rather easy (being the first 15 years of your life) because it is dark and rather cool and you don’t need water too desperately yet. During the 6th hour you begin to see the sun (the real world) though it is dimly lit you can still tell that it will be upon you soon. I think I am about at 7:00 am in my life and I have recently found a lush green oasis (the church) whose water has helped to quench my thirst and will help me make it through the rest of my journey safely. As I look off from the edges of the oasis I see others walking. They all look rather thirsty so I wave them on over but they ignore me as though they can’t even see the oasis or me. They are either too caught up in their own mirages of drugs and alcohol or they are just selfishly caught up in themselves. Most of them seem to be veering off the path that God has set for them leading to eternal paradise. The journey from 8:00am-8:00pm through life is difficult but you must remain on the path set before you no matter what temptations the devil brings. Towards 8:00 pm the journey gets rather easy again. The sun is subsiding and you know that your journey will be at an end soon. All of your hard work to stay on the path will soon pay off. We shouldn’t be sad when one of our loved ones finally reaches the end of their journey for they are in a better place than us now. All we can do is look forward and try to get through the desert as best as possible.

1 Remarks:

  • Wow! I totally agree. Adoration is the sweetest thing ever. Just kidding. But it's a close second!

    By Blogger Erin Marie Hall, at 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home