True Nirvana

Monday, October 03, 2005

NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED

Hmm, that’s odd there’s a red dot at my feet and I hear people walking around even though there’s no one here. Meh, it’s probably just my imagination. Sometimes I wish I lived in a simpler time, a time before I became utterly confused by a freaking math assignment, a time suspiciously just like yesterday. Ignorance is truly bliss sometimes, but even though those who are ignorant are happy I think it’s ethereal, an ignorant person doesn’t have the potential to be as truly happy as one who is not. Sure if we never knew that God existed we would still be happy but knowing & believing that he’s watching over us, guiding us through our lives, & that he will always love us is an unparalleled feeling. I believe that even though I am upset now about the math that I don’t understand once I figure it out I will feel even better than before with a small sense of achievement. If I had never met you guys I might still be happy right now, but I wouldn’t have the joy that you all give me. Anyway all that I’m really trying to say is that I… HATE… SAUERKRAUT… IN AAALLBUQUERQUE!!

4 Remarks:

  • Hey nice post, this is all soooo way true. Ignorance is bliss, but Christ is eternal ecstasy. I have very few regrets in this life. Heartache and loneliness, depression and fear, all of these things are small setbacks in a luminous world of non-coincidences. It makes me glad to be alive!

    And the title of your post is sooooo way ironic. Listen to my voicemail message. I recorded it like 10 minutes before you posted that...

    By Blogger Erin Marie Hall, at 9:32 PM  

  • Heh that's really Ironic. The title is something that I thought alex & mill might find funny but didn't think it'd apply to you at all. I started comin up w/ this post as I was riding back to my dorm so I had it first haha!

    By Blogger Andy, at 9:37 PM  

  • Hmm, sounds like someone has a ghost in their house...

    Anywho, ignorance is SO not bliss. Something I figured out in my Philosophy class today. Philosophy is rooted in wonder. Wonder comes from realizing that there is so much more to life than you previously thought. Wonder causes bliss. Ignorance is therefore a lack of wonder, and a lack of bliss.

    Check, and mate.

    leahciM

    Oh, and if you think my argument is weak... shut up!

    By Blogger Mike, at 4:10 PM  

  • Uhh... did read the post? My entire point was that ignorance isn't really bliss it's ethereal happiness so uhh thanks for the support I think. Hmm, rereading the post I guess I sorta contradicted myself, my bad. What I should've wrote was that ignorance seems like bliss.

    By Blogger Andy, at 5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home