True Nirvana

Friday, May 27, 2005

The Big Yellow One is the Title

Today is an awesome & memorable day. It is the final day of real school and it is on the brink of a 4 day weekend and then a 3 month one. The only thing that could make this day better would be 6 straight hours of pure magic enjoyment... oh wait that's today too. Wow life really rocks! Anyway time to get to the meat and potatoes of the post.

I think that life is far too predictable. I know the basics of what I'll be doing for the next 4 years and quite a bit of what I'll be doing for the next 50 or so years after that. It's almost as though our lives have been outlined by some unseen force. You can even predict how long you will live... sometimes I wish something spontaneous would happen such as tons of aliens destroying the earth for an intergalactic highway or something like that. I'm sure that would get rid of the frumpish future. (I never get a chance to use that word) Sometimes it's comforting to know your future is secure and that you will succeed but what is that really worth if its cost is repetition and tedium?

9 Remarks:

  • Yay for spontaneity! Of course, spontaneity is no longer spontaneous if it is planned or anticipated, so let it come as it will and have fun in the meantime.

    ok, this comment makes no sense. Oh well.

    And life does indeed rock. Happy 18th birthday!

    By Blogger Erin Marie Hall, at 3:22 PM  

  • You know what I think the problem is? I think you are forgetting about the little things in life. The things you can't predict. In college you will meet new people and get new friends, pepole who you, as of right now, don't even realize exist!

    Your teachers, roomate, wife, pets, food, etc. are all things in your life you don't know, and you should learn that even if you do know the big things, those little things will sneak up on you and make the future seem anything but frumpish.

    leahciM

    By Blogger Mike, at 4:52 PM  

  • Thanks Erin, the comment actually does make some sense. I should stop anticipating my every move and let things fall into place themselves. And Mill you're completely right, 90% of the small things in my future are still uncertain so life still should be interesting. I guess I was just thinking too much about what I'll be doing in the future to realize that.

    By Blogger Andy, at 6:15 PM  

  • there wont be enough time for a draft after the next world war starts heather, thats how we know...

    By Blogger Mike, at 10:43 PM  

  • Clever hitchhikers quote. And whenever you think life is boring, go out and lay down in the middle of the field and look up. The stars you see will show you the wonder of this world. Just sit by a lake and try to describe the beauty you see at sunset.

    Look into the eyes of newborn and see the utter hope and innocence it contains.

    The world is amazing. And if you think its planned. Trying wearing your underware on backwards. See not all spontinaity is comfortable.

    And try not to worry about 50 years. All you have is til 12-21-2012. The Mayans say so.

    By Blogger Phydeauxs99, at 9:19 PM  

  • I heard a quote today, and I think you might like it:

    "If you ever want to make God laugh, tell him what your plans for the future are"

    leahciM

    By Blogger Mike, at 9:23 PM  

  • Oh, and just to start a little logical debate, newborn's eyes can't have hope. Its not possible.

    I win.

    leahciM

    By Blogger Mike, at 9:04 PM  

  • this comment has no bearing on the logical debate because I agree with you, all newborns are doomed to die.

    My real thought was that I'm guessing Andy uses the word future much more than he thinks. At least much more than never, I mean I hear people talking about the future all the time.

    By Blogger Alex, at 10:03 PM  

  • What the crud are you talking about? Are you saying that the only thing to hope for is life eternal?

    leahciM

    By Blogger Mike, at 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home